For safety reasons, we recommend you to pay online through your online banking system or through CRA’s My Payment system. You may also pay at the bank if you have the original payment form mailed to you from the CRA. (Instructions for CIBC online banking below)
You can use CRA’s My Payment system if you have an online banking account at the following financial institutions that currently participate in Interac Online:
- BMO Bank of Montreal (personal accounts only)
- RBC Royal Bank
- TD Canada Trust
- Envision Financial
- Libro Credit Union
For detailed instructions on how to use CRA’s My Payment system please click here.
If you bank with CIBC you can pay through CIBC’s online banking.
To pay through your CIBC online banking:
- Log onto CIBC banking online
- On the left hand side of the screen click “PAY & FILE TAXES”
- Click the blue “CONTINUE” button on the bottom right hand side of the screen
- Select “ADD PAYMENT TYPE”
- Choose the correct payment type
- Click “NEXT” and enter in the information required
- Click “ADD THIS PAYMENT TYPE”
Once the payment type is added then whenever you click “Pay & File Taxes” select the payment type, type in the dollar amount and date of payment and follow through with the payment until you receive confirmation.