The average person spends MORE THAN HALF their waking life on electronic devices. It does not matter how good your salon is, if potential customer’s phone searches take them to your competitors, you lose out! You can also use the following steps to effectively get new staff.
Step 1 Claim your Company’s Facebook listing by searching for your company. After searching for the unclaimed page, click “is this your business” circled in red in the following image and following the steps it prompts.
Step 2 Once you claimed your business, under Settings of your company Facebook page set your preferred Page audience. Choose your desired age group for your best demographics. Target your client groups.
Step 3 Create a post to lead your campaign – for your business you want to make a price cut sheet or some other sales/promotional material.
Spend as much as you can on buying traffic. Margins may stay the same or decrease but the only thing that matters is volume. Analyze conversion rates and adjust targeted demographics accordingly. I included some screen shots of what I do for my own page. If it was not for Facebook, my company may not exist – before 2015 most of our revenue came from oilfield related customers- many of which are now shutdown.
Using the existing Facebook infrastructure is more efficient than building an SEO optimized website from scratch with enough apps, to allow certified customer ratings, reviews, photos etc.
Encourage interaction by taking pictures of your work and hash tagging your salon name #______yeg and #edmontonnails or #yegnails. You can also encourage more interaction from customers by making a contest for example, clients that hashtag the salon name #thutnailsyeg will be entered into a monthly draw an the monthly winner will receive 10% off their next service.
Acquiring the customer is the most difficult thing in business, once you have the customer, you don’t have just the one sale – in the nail business, you set up a recurring cost as they will need to come back periodically. I have more advice for nail salons here: https://thutaccounting.wordpress.com/2017/05/19/choosing-your-market-pricing/
- Share with someone that could use some advice in this post or save some taxes and EARN UP TO $583! For every customer you refer we’ll give you a free month or a gift card equal to 1 month of service of your referral – whatever is bigger! Anyone you refer gets a free month of bookkeeping!
- The end-to-end solution at an unrivaled annual fixed price. There is more time, more inspiration and more money for the implementation of your business. Do not waste money and time with taxes and accounting. At the cost of just 1% or less we reduce customer total costs by 3-30% (taxes + accounting).
- SwissBooks provides complete accounting, bookkeeping, payroll and tax solutions for Canadian controlled private corporations throughout Canada in a wide variety of industries and leverages extensive expertise to deliver the best solutions to our customers.
- The strategy was to enter Canada at the high end of the market: Edmonton’s oil and gas industry, where customers were prepared to pay a premium, and SwissBooks used that money to develop cost efficient accounting solutions for other sectors. In turn, that money was used to develop even more cost efficient accounting – driving down the market to higher unit volumes and lower prices with each successive category: Industry, Enterprise, Venture, Boutique, Micro-businesses and Holding Corporations. Take advantage that Alberta’s oil and gas enterprises spent millions of dollars to pay for the development to let you outsource your accounting at an affordable cost.
- Send us your prior financials and we will prove to you how our value is unrivaled in Canada.