Once you have decided to get incorporated there are a few steps you must take:
- Get incorporated by a lawyer or registry office with these steps listed here
- Forward us the documents you receive from your lawyer or registry office so we can apply for a business number for your corporation or apply for your business number yourself by following these steps
- Make an appointment with your bank to open a business bank account – remember to bring the documents from your lawyer/registry office
- Visit the City of Edmonton website to apply for your business license (if required)
- Contact WCB Alberta to open a WCB account (mandatory for some industries) – if we do your corporation’s payroll please remember ‘to forward us the letter from WCB with your Annual Return Password. Click here for more information about WCB coverage
Who has time to drive to a registry office and wait in line? We sure don’t! That is why we have everything sent to a registry office electronically and they just email us back. Step by step instructions are listed below for a NAMED Corporation or NUMBERED Corporation.
Getting incorporated is easy. To get incorporated please email us to request the 3 pre-filled incorporation forms and proceed with the instructions below or print out the 3 forms to use at your choice of registry office.
To get a Named Corporation (if you do not want your business name used by anyone else in Alberta)
- Open Alberta Corporate Registry
- Under “Type of Filing: NUANS Report” click “Online Form” for CORPORATION NUANS
- Fill out the contact info, proposed names and choose “Provincial” and “Corporation” under Type of Search. Submit.
- Upon receipt of the NUANs report from the registry please follow steps 1-7 below
To get a Numbered Corporation
- Save the 3 pre-filled incorporation forms to your desktop.
- Fill out all 3 forms with the personal information required. Save. (DL stands for Driver’s License #)
- Open Alberta Corporate Registry through your choice of registry office
- Under “Type of Filing: Alberta Incorporation” click “Online Form”
- Fill out the contact info at the top and then do not fill out anything else.
- There are 3 headings in red “Articles of Incorporation”, “Notice of Address” and “Notice of Directors”. At the bottom of each of the 3 sections there is a button to upload the documents previously saved to your desktop. Please upload the corresponding documents. Submit.
- Once the registry office emails you back with the Incorporation documents please forward a copy to my office and ask us to request a business number for your new corporation.
Share with someone that could use some advice in this post or save some taxes
For every person you refer we’ll give you a free month or a gift card equal to 1 month of service of your referral – whatever is bigger! Up to to $600!
Anyone you refer gets a free month of bookkeeping!
THUT data capture technology extracts data from bank, credit card and online statements and allows for automatic bank reconciliation.
THUT uses artificial intelligence to locate and extract line item and tax summary data from receipts and exports it into a csv file.
Cleansing algorithms allow it to extracts transactional data that is 100% accurate.
Send us your prior financials and we will prove to you how our value is unrivaled in Canada.